Thanks to everyone who participated in the character naming contest for The Revived. There were so many good names it was really hard to pick just a few. The winners (and the name they submitted) are listed below. If I didn’t pick one of your names, don’t worry! I’m going to save all the entries and I plan to use them for names in books 4 and 5, so your submitted name still might make it into a book! (Particularly since that last one is going to be a doozy)
Okay, and the winners are (grouped together, might I add, by the characters’ guilds/parties)…
- Shooty D’Arrow is the name of the hunter– submitted by Melanie, and the hunter is joined by guildmates Metronome–submitted by Hannah–and Konk–submitted by Alvin Greunke.
- The female scout claimed the name Hide_N_Seek by Cherie Smith, while the swordsman selected Arild Edge by Elizabeth Davis, the spellbinder chose Glowrious–compliments of Glowrious–and the Mystic went for Lumina Myst, submitted by Dawn.
- The crazy fantasy name I picked for the super-fantasy fan is: Ai’lan’therristos–submitted by Ravi!
I also had some unexpected additional winners:
- Lydia, who suggested Edmund Ironside–a name snatched up by a first officer I was finishing with!
- Zeke, submitted name: Nick; Jake, submitted name Greg; and Aidan, submitted name Kellivar–their submitted names went to a pack of guildmates seen briefly at the end of the book.
Thanks again to everyone who submitted a name! You guys had some awesome names I can’t wait to add into Book 4 and Book 5. But in the meantime, stay tuned for information about The Revived‘s release date! (Spoiler: It’s not too much longer!!) Thanks for participating, and thanks for reading, Champions. As usual, you guys wowed me.
I have a question… why has The Revived appeared in the library archive before the cover reveal? Because I clicked on the archive on accident, and then, WHOOSH, The Revived was there, and I nearly fell out of my seat because… well… it’s really amazing…
Hahaha, nice detective work! But to answer your question, sometimes myself or my assistants will load the books into the archive/library early because of the timing of everything. For instance, we had the cover and description done for The Revived while my editor was still in the middle of editing. So rather than publicly reveal the cover when the book is still weeks away from launching, Myrrhlynn went through and started putting together all the links, uploading the picture, etc, so we didn’t have to do any of that when it came to crunch time. We try to do as much in advance as possible so that way I can actually sleep during releases, ahahah.)
Cherie Smith says
Thank you, this is a big honor. 🙂
Alvin G says
Totally just bragged to all my online friends that know me as Konk! cant wait to see his exploits in the book!
Edel E.M. says
Awesome entries and winners. Congrats!
Elizabeth Davis says
Goodness, I’m astonished. I’ve never won anything like this, even though it’s joint. Thank you! And a big congratulations to the other winners and the winners to come!
Wow, compliments to the winners! I can’t wait to read The Revived when it comes out. As I just finished The Desperate Quest, I’m dying for it… Also, yeah, I can’t wait for the other names to be revealed for book four and five!
Wow! Thanks for picking mine! There were so many awesome names, so I can’t wait to see you use more of them, we’ve already got such colorful names to pick from. 😀
Woohoo!!! That was so much fun! Thank you, Kitty! Loved seeing the names everyone submitted, and congrats to the winners!!! Can’t wait to see which ones get used in books 4 & 5! And great artwork, Zeke – that is the exact conversation I had in my head!!!
…like, how much not longer, Kitty??? I just finished rereading The Luckless and The Desperate Quest! The suspense is killing me! XDD