The Summer of Polls is completed, and Champions…you have spoken! So let’s go over the results.
For the Favorite Heroine poll we had roughly 1,370 Champions vote–a new record!
Angelique of fairy Tale Enchantress took first place with 798 votes! She remains the queen of Heroines after her decisive victory last year. Kit of the Second Age of Retha took second place with 743 votes–which is a smaller margin that I would have expected, and Hazel Medeis of Hall of Blood and Mercy won third place with 690 votes. We had a huge drop in the votes, then, as our fourth place–Quinn of Twelve Dancing Princesses–had 550 votes, and Britt Arthurs from King Arthur and Her Knights snagged fifth place with 535 votes.
As for what the rest of our top ten look like…
- 6th place: Rakel of Snow Queen with 531 votes (a VERY narrow margin against Britt)
- 7th place: Gwendafyn of Royal Magic with 465
- 8th place: Elle of Beauty and the Beast with 296 votes
- 9th place: Tari of Red Rope of Fate with 273 votes
- 10th place: Gemma of Rumpelstiltskin with 247 votes very narrowly beating Cinderella who had 243 votes.
If you want to see how everyone sorted out, you can check out the poll for the rest of the voting order–although it will only show you percentages, not the actual vote count–sorry!
Next up, we have our Favorite Hero Poll! For this one we had approximately 890 votes!
Evariste of Fairy Tale Enchantress matched his leading lady and took first place with 474 votes! Emerys of Twelve Dancing Princesses and Killian Drake of Hall of Blood and Mercy ran a very close race–even though Killian has only been around for a few months, so way to go Hall of Blood and Mercy Champions! Emerys took second with 445 votes, and Killian won third with 442 votes. Talk about a close race! Solus Miles of Second Age of Retha was once again the dark horse of the round and won fourth with 430 votes while Stil from Rumpelstiltskin snagged fifth place with 398 votes!
- 6th place: Farrin of Snow Queen with 357 votes
- 7th place: Benjimir of Royal Magic with 313 votes
- 8th place: Merlin of King Arthur and her Knights with 306 votes
- 9th place: Friedrich of Cinderella and the Colonel with 219 votes
- 10th place: Severin of Beauty and the Beast with 204 votes
For the first year ever Arion dropped from the top 10–he’s been the ONLY hero to place in the top 5-10 every year since the poll was created, so that was a bit of a surprise to me! Although he does have some major supporters among the Newsletter Champions, so in this case it might have been because he didn’t get the usual newsletter announcement. We’ll have to see if he makes a triumphant return next year!
The next segment of our summer poll was a newcomer, created because I couldn’t really ask “who is your favorite secondary character” without having to then create 1,000 entries, so I narrowed it down to “Favorite Animal Sidekick” and the results are in with over 1,000 Champions voting!
Pegasus of Fairy Tale Enchantress fame trounced his opponents with 804 votes! Roland/Puss from Puss in Boots took second with 694 votes, Pricker Patch from Rumpelstiltskin claimed third with 574 votes, and Pax from Second age of Retha will be most displeased as he took fourth in this category with 452 votes. Rounding out the top five we have the other lesser known pets from Second Age of Retha Trash Panda/Sinistre/Chester in fifth with 385 votes!
- 6th place: Aphrodite & Bagel of Hall of Blood and Mercy with 337 votes
- 7th place: The Kelpie of Little Selkie with 319 votes
- 8th place: Tuggles the unicorn from Princess Ahira with 273 votes
- 9th place: The orange kitty from Puss in Boots with 183 votes
- 10th place: Jo-jo the goat and Hvit from Rumpelstiltskin with 150 votes
I do find it interesting that half of these entries are equines, but I think that might be a sign more of the kind of animals I write than your actual preference, Champions. Well, except for Pegasus. Nearly 80% of you voted for him, so a round of applause to Pegasus!
For our final poll–which I did only because you, the Champions, have requested it so much for the past few years, the “Favorite Shea/Sohma Couples” poll was a smashing success! Roughly 1,030 of you Champions voted in this poll, and wow was it a tight race!
Angelique & Evariste took first, creating a quadruple win for the Fairy Tale Enchantress team who took first in every single poll. BUT! For the first time, we had a serious contender who nearly beat them! A&E had 527 votes, while Quinn & Emerys of Twelve Dancing Princesses took second with 516 votes! And our third place winners, Hazel Medeis and Killian Drake of Hall of Blood and Mercy, weren’t far behind them with 502 votes! Kit & Solus Miles of Second Age of Retha and Britt & Merlin from King Arthur and Her Knights rounded out the top five winners by taking fourth with 496 votes and fifth with 414 votes!
- 6th place: Rakel & Farrin of The Snow Queen with 411 votes
- 7th place: Gemma & Stil of Rumpelstiltskin with 392 votes
- 8th place: Gwendafyn & Benjimir of Royal Magic with 388 votes
- 9th place: Elle & Severin of Beauty and the Beast with 329 votes
- 10th place: Cinderella & Friedrich of Cinderella and the Colonel with 219 votes
The couple poll didn’t surprise me too much–it basically was a recreation of the favorite hero and heroine polls, with a slightly changed order in some cases. It did surprise me that Quinn and Emerys–and even Hazel and Killian to an extent–made a serious go of it against Angelique and Evariste.
No, scratch that. What I found most surprising about the whole thing was that Pegasus actually had the greatest amount of votes, and won by the highest margin. (I did not see that coming!)
And, now, what you’ve all been waiting for! The 2020 Summer of Polls Character interview! As my thanks for participating–and a sort of way to wrap everything up–I wrote a character interview with the top five couples! (And one pesky interloper!) Click here to read it!
It was a fun month, and it really psyched me up for the launch of the Prince’s Bargain! Keep your eyes peeled, I should have the pre-order announcement coming soon! Thanks for reading, Champions!