I thought becoming Queen of the Night Court and marrying the deadliest fae assassin in the supernatural community were the biggest dangers I’d ever face. Hah!
Once I meet the fae monarchs of the other local Courts, I realize the good times are only just beginning! They hate my guts and don’t even bother using their fae tricks to hide their disgust of me and my human blood.
At least I know where I stand with them, which is more than I can say for my husband, Rigel.
My relationship with Rigel is…complicated. We married for political reasons—my greatest desire was that he wouldn’t kill me after the ceremony ended. But now that he’s saved me from countless attempts on my life and joked with me through boring Court socials, my thoughts about him have veered into uncomfortable territory.
Not that I have time to think about all of this.
Those attempts on my life I mentioned? Yeah, they’re getting bolder and a lot harder to survive. I’m confident one of the other monarchs is behind it all, but I don’t have the power to make them stop.
So far, my wits and Rigel’s blades have gotten us through everything. But if something BIG gets dropped on us? Will we survive?
Crown of Moonlight Related Blog Posts:
- Take the Quiz! Which creature/race are you?
- Take the Quiz! Which Fae Court do you belong to?
- Fae Lore in Court of Midnight and Deception
- The Ballad of Tam Lin
- The Journey
- Mansion Teapots
- The Night Mare’s Inspiration
- Character Info: Rigel & Leila
- Character Info: Chase and Indigo
- Character Info: Chrysanthe and Skye
- World Info: Wizards
- World Info: Werewolves
- World Info: Fae
- World Info: Vampires
- How to Train with Vampires – Short Story
- A Lawful Werewolf – Short Story
- Friends, Enemies, or Terror? – Short Story